At our headquarters office in Indianapolis Indiana, we have a number of support staff opportunities in Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling, Dispatch, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Safety, Supply Chain, and much more! By joining Republic Airways, you will work for an executive leadership team that has over 100 years of combined aviation experience and outstanding tenure with the organization. Our back office Associates experience a culture of fun and action, while striving for excellence with everything we do!
Republic Airways Holdings Sr. Data Integration Developer in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Republic Airways, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airways is a great place to get your career off the runway!
POSITION PURPOSE :
Designs, develops, and implements cutting-edge data integration, data warehouse and data mart (ELT/ETL) solutions using an enterprise data integration platform tools (e.g., Dell Boomi, MuleSoft, Talend, etc.). Constructs, tests and delivers plans for data integration. Provides instruction, training and guidance to internal and external team members to ensure effective and efficient use of system resources.
· Elevates results achieved by data integration team by serving as its chief method of support, planning solution presentations, addressed questions, improving processes and serving as a mentor
· Examines sources of data through user interviews and data object analysis
· Crafts strategies for data integration process by developing data definitions, developing a standard system that all team members use, looking for areas with optimization potential, integrating the most effective tools and setting deadlines
· Delivers data integration through the implementation of shared databases, modification and optimization of current systems, managing the exchange and storing of data, and making recommendations when upgrades or changes are needed to maintain smooth operations
· Makes improvements to the data integration process by creating and assessing new formats for data interchange, rewriting team expectations and procedures as needed, and improving physical design
· Optimizes data warehouse performance by dealing with any data conflicts that arise and keeping data definitions up to date
· Updates knowledge of best practices for senior data integration position by keeping track of new technologies and strategies for ETL, partaking in workshops and other educational opportunities, widening personal networks and reading industry publications
· Communicates with and informs upstream source system owners about data quality issues.
· Performs detailed data requirements analyses, design and implementation of complex data flows
· Designs, directs and implements ETL/ELT processes, including data capture, data quality, testing and validation methods
· Owns and assists in data flow (lineage and transformation logic) documentation, data dictionary, data flow, data mapping and other MDM and Data Governance documentation
· Provides analysis, recommendations, and influence on overall strategy and roadmap to build data integration ecosystem and supporting toolsets
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
· 3-5 years of Data Integration experience with at least two of those years with experience in:
· integration experience using strategic integration platforms (Dell Boomi, Talend, MuleSoft, etc.)
· experience working with cloud environments (e.g., Azure, Amazon, etc.,) preferred
· development experience with Databases like SQL Server, Oracle etc.
· working with XML and APIs
· Ability to program in Python, SQL, C#, and .NET
· Strong passion for technology and ability to learn new technologies quickly
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Excellent analysis and design skills
· Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and take direction from several people.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
· Exceptional follow through skills, flexible and capable of working in a fast paced, high energy environment.
· Team player and must be willing to "pitch-in" and assist whenever and wherever needed.
· Knowledge of standard industry operating systems
· Information analysis
· Ability to effectively communicate
· Creating models to present data
· Ad hoc reporting
· Ability to analyze, meet and recommend adjustments for company requirements
· Knowledge of data conversion techniques
· Advanced knowledge of physical database design and data structures
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Expert grasp of data warehouse design techniques including slowly changing dimensions, aggregation, partitioning and indexing strategies.
· Excellent communications and client interfacing skills as with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
· Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product.
· Troubleshoot problems reported by users, analyzing and isolating issues; identify actions to restore services as quickly as possible. Monitor systems proactively to identify potential and developing issues.
· Work closely with Operations Production Support team in resolving escalated high priority incidents and the development coding issues.
· Experience with multiple software development lifecycles, e.g. Agile, iterative, SDLC, waterfall.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Be an excellent communicator and collaborator, engaging with multiple technical and business stakeholders and leaders. Be able to translate the information architecture contribution to business outcomes into simple briefings for use by various data-and-analytics-related roles.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes decisions daily on use of resources, performance and budgets. Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Able to move about the work environment.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
· Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10% of the time.
Republic Airways is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,700 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the Company on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/republicairline/ , Twitter at https://twitter.com/RepublicAirline and YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IOcelXc92JDhi8sIR9F0Q , and connect on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/republicairline/ or Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/company/republic-airways-holdings-inc-/ .
In May 2018, Republic opened the Leadership In Flight Training (LIFT) Academy, a commercial aviation pilot training school in Indianapolis. LIFT uses state-of-the-art training technologies that combine flight, flight simulator, online and in-classroom training. Graduates are guaranteed a job as First Officer at Republic. Learn more at www.flywithlift.com at http://www.flywithlift.com/ .