Republic Airways Holdings Operations Analyst in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Category: Flight Operations
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Conducts analysis on operational processes, procedures and policies for operational efficiency and performance. Develops operational reports to be used by the Flight Operations group. Assists the Flight Operations group with preparing information that will be used by Finance in the budgeting and forecasting process with specific focus on select expenses and cost centers. Researches expenses based on operational results to identify unusual variances and discrepancies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Identifies process improvements and cost savings and acts as resource for leaders on the planning and execution of strategic initiatives; ensures that key business unit decisions are in line with corporate goals.
• Consolidates data from various sources and creates clear, concise, consolidated, meaningful reports.
• Identifies opportunities that improve processes, data accuracy and efficiency within Flight Operations.
• Develops new reporting and analytical tools to improve process efficiency and accuracy.
• Understands and interpret financial information and ability to be a liaison across departments with finance and human resources. Analyzes monthly results of certain expenses including labor costs, overtime, etc.
• Attends budgeting and forecasting meetings with respective cost center owners and VPs.
• Performs other duties, analyses, reports, and presentations as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Operational Analysis, Operations Management, Industrial Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 3 years of related experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Performance analytics, flight operations experience, or former airline experience operational modeling and additional years of operational analysis experience.
• Experience with Sabre, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, and/or Workday.
• Understanding of airline union contracts.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Able to read and interpret technical, regulatory and contractual documentation. Able to maintain confidentiality.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought without established precedents or procedures. Decisions tend to be short term and usually of moderate cost. Able to work independently or as part of a team to drive results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight travel.
Republic Airline is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of approximately 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 950 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,500 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://http//www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the company on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, and connect on Facebook or LinkedIn.