Republic Airways Holdings Mobile Applications Developer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Category: Information Technology
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Leads the development of mobile applications and the implementation of Republic’s mobile solutions. Creates innovative and intuitive mobile applications that simplify and enhance communication across Republic. Works collaboratively and closely with product owners and implements the newest frameworks in finding uncommon ways to solve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Creates next generation mobile applications for iOS and/or Android devices. Responsible for the development, testing, release and support of the application’s mobile services.
a. Delivers software to both pre-production and production environments in a repeatable, safe and scalable fashion.
b. Performs peer reviews.
c. Communicates effectively and in a timely fashion with customers.
d. Gains a deep understanding of product owners' product goals and applies their needs to product development.
· Acts as a key contributor in developing and maintaining a cutting edge approach to a mobile presence.
· Collaborates with other developers, designers and product owners to develop new features consistent with product roadmap.
a. Assists with defining business and functional requirements.
b. Collaborates with UX for product definition and use cases.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years of overall iOS and/or Android development.
· Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimization, caching, security, and native hardware components (camera, gps, etc.)
· Familiar with RESTful JSON API use and construction, experience contributing to or shaping a developing API over a project lifecycle.
· Familiarity with agile development and software engineering best practices
· High proficiency with either Android/iOS SDK and related technologies/languages (if applicant's focus is on iOS, they will be expected to demonstrate proficiency with Objective-C, speak to Swift, and an in-depth knowledge of the iOS SDK).
· Strong familiarity with non-primary platform (if applicant's focus is on Android, they will need to demonstrate a working ability Android SDK and a working understanding of Java).
· Demonstrated success in defining and launching mobile apps.
· Able to articulate and demonstrate a strong personal set of first principles for software development.
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time pressure and deadlines
· Able to work closely on a team using the following server side technology stack: Ruby on Rails, React, Knockout, Docker, and Kubernetes
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Studies or related area.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are
somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be of moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Able to talk or hear up to 35% of the time.
· Able to sit over 70% of the time.
· Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight stays.
Republic Airline is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of approximately 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 950 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,500 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://http//www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the company on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, and connect on Facebook or LinkedIn.