At our headquarters office in Indianapolis Indiana, we have a number of support staff opportunities in Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling, Dispatch, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Safety, Supply Chain, and much more! By joining Republic Airways, you will work for an executive leadership team that has over 100 years of combined aviation experience and outstanding tenure with the organization. Our back office Associates experience a culture of fun and action, while striving for excellence with everything we do!
Republic Airways Holdings Manager, FP&A in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Category: Finance
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Manages the preparation and review of the budgets and forecasts for the Company. Manages, helps prepare and analyses budget vs. actuals on a monthly basis. Reviews ad-hoc financial analysis. Provides training to the FP&A Analysts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
· Manages and assists with the preparation of the annual and 5-year budgets.
· Prepares analysis for meetings with cost center owners and presentation of budgets, forecasts and ad-hoc analysis to CFO and VP of Finance and Accounting. Reviews presentations prepared by staff.
· Manages and assists with the preparation of the rolling forecasts. Presents reports to management summarizing expenses and assists in adjusting the forecast based on findings.
· Manages and assists with various financial reports on an on-going basis, such as monthly budget vs. actual comparisons; monthly financial review documents, monthly cost center reports, etc.
· Analyzes and evaluates financial and statistical information to identify trends, drives and opportunities for improvement.
· Manages the analysis of monthly results of all expenses and expenditures including labor costs, overtime, etc.
· Prepares reports and statistics for various budget and forecast scenarios.
· Prepares summary reports for the Board of Directors.
· Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
· Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential employees. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
· Performs other analyses, reports, presentations and duties as required or requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· At least 5 years of combined financial analyst experience and related financial systems and reporting experience.
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Power Point.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous supervisory or management experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Makes decisions daily on use of resources, performance and budgets. Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight travel.
Republic Airline is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,700 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the Company on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/republicairline/ , Twitter at https://twitter.com/RepublicAirline and YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IOcelXc92JDhi8sIR9F0Q , and connect on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/republicairline/ or Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/company/republic-airways-holdings-inc-/ .
In May 2018, Republic opened the Leadership In Flight Training (LIFT) Academy, a commercial aviation pilot training school in Indianapolis. LIFT uses state-of-the-art training technologies that combine flight, flight simulator, online and in-classroom training. Graduates are guaranteed a job as First Officer at Republic. Learn more at www.flywithlift.com at http://www.flywithlift.com/ .